Match Report
St John's School, Leatherhead Boys-U16B vs  Harrow School
On: Saturday, 04 Mar 2017
Venue: Away

This game began at an incredible pace with Harrow pressing relentlessly and St John's unable to get a foothold in the game. Wave after wave of Harrow attacks were repelled comfortably by Watson who was excellent at full back, Stansfield, man of the match Heard and the classy Gonzalez. After 10 minutes Beech and Barnham began to get a grip of the midfield and bring Homassi into the match who looked dangerous all game. The powerful Harrow back 4 were impressive but gave away a dangerous free kick which Fronzoni took and saw his shot go narrowly wide. Minutes later a Harrow attack was saved by Trimming but a fortunate ricochet fell kindly for a Harrow forward who made it 1-0 to the home side. St John's responded well and a brilliant move saw Hommasi cleverly work his way through on goal only to be clattered by the keeper - a clear penalty the watching away supporters agreed but the referee decided otherwise. A decision that would surely have changed the course of the game. For the rest of the half St John's were looking the more creative but despite the endeavour of Caird, Stevens, Hommasi et al St John's struggled to create a chance.

At half time St John's switched to 4-3-3, with Stansfield and Moir coming into midfield to join Beech; and Dwan replacing the captain at centre back. From this point on St John's dominated the game. Moir and Stansfield had impressive games in the midfield and Beech, Hommasi, Stevens and Fronzoni looked dangerous going forward. Stevens battled hard all game and won a free kick right on the edge of the box that unfortunately came to nothing. Harrow had their counter attacks but they were either well dealt with by the immense St John's back four or Luke Trimming saved comfortably any attacks that got through. It was a fantastic performance by the whole side that was lacking only in the final ball, but the best team did not win on this occasion.